An event every month that begins at 9:30am on day First of the month, repeating until Saturday, January 14, 2017
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
Mindfulness also involves allowance, meaning that we pay attention to our thoughts and feelings without judging them, for instance, that there’s a “right” or “wrong” way to think or feel in a given moment. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
Benefits of Mindful Meditation are:
– Boosts our immune system
– Increases positive emotions and reduces negative emotions and stress
– Research has found that it increases density of grey matter in brain regions linked to learning, memory, emotion regulation, and empathy
– Helps tune out distraction and increase focus
– Improves memory and attention skills
– Develops compassion towards self and others
– Mindfulness enhances relationships: Research suggests mindfulness training makes couples more satisfied with their relationship, makes each partner feel more optimistic and relaxed, and makes them feel more accepting of and closer to one another.
Please note: Pre-registration is required
Want us to save you a spot? Fill in your details and we will save a seat for you.