What is it?
The purpose of Family Constellations is to uncover the hidden dynamics of your family or relationship in an experiential way, so that existing energy can be observed and changed where necessary and undue stress released or reduced in the system. This is a gentle and sensitive method of allowing family or relationship energy to reveal itself through representatives, so that a resolution can unfold.
Family Constellation reveals a previously unrecognized systemic dynamic that spans multiple generations in a given family and resolves the harmful effects of that dynamic by encouraging the subject to encounter representatives of the past and accept the factual reality of the past. Many of us unconsciously take on destructive familial patterns of anxiety, depression, anger, guilt, loneliness, alcoholism and even illness as a way of “belonging” in our families. Bonded by a deep love, a child will often sacrifice his own best interests in a vain attempt to ease the suffering of a parent or other family member.
Family Constellations allow us to break these patterns so that we can live healthier, happier, more fulfilled lives.
In which scenarios would it be applied?
– Persistent body symptoms (such as obesity, anorexia, asthma, panic attacks, ulcer colitis, cancer)
– Persistent emotional symptoms (such as rage, depression, not belonging, isolation)
– Persistent behavioural symptoms (such as addictions, accident proneness, eating disorders)
– If there are patterns that seem resistant to change
– An important life event has occurred (such as early deaths or separations of parents or siblings, exclusion or expulsion of a family member, early hospitalisation, major accidents or illnesses or disabilities, complications during childbirth)
– If there is a feeling of being stuck or weighed down in life, not able to be oneself
– When couples first get together or for pregnant women before the child is born (preventative constellations).
– Are seeking to address negative or harmful relationship patterns
– Want to be in a romantic relationship
– Are attempting to resolve family entanglements
– Have experienced significant trauma or loss
– Are in search of personal and professional success
Call us on 043639307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a session.