What is Laughter Yoga?
Laughter Yoga is a unique exercise routine that combines laughter exercises with yoga breathing (Pranayama) which brings in more oxygen to the body and brain making you feel more energetic and healthy.
Anyone can laugh without relying on humor, jokes and comedy. Laughter is simulated as a body exercise in a group and with eye contact and childlike playfulness it turns into real and contagious laughter. It is based on the scientific fact that the body cannot tell the difference between real and simulated laughter.
5 benefits of Laughter Yoga?
1. Personal Life. Laughter Yoga will help add more laughter to your life, develop a sense of humor and a smile. You will feel more self confident, have a positive outlook, hope and optimism. It will change your mood within minutes and if your mood is good, everything seems good and you are at your best everywhere.
2. Business Life. Your performance depends on your energy level. For optimal functioning the brain needs 25% more oxygen than any other body organs. LY increases the supply of oxygen, not only to the brain but to the entire body to help you work more efficiently.
3. Health Benefits. Laughter Yoga is a single exercise that deals with physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously. It also strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure, controls blood sugar and keeps your heart healthy.
4. Social Life. Laughter Yoga is a positive energy which quickly connects you with people and helps to make friends easily.
5. Inner Spirit of Laughter. Laughter Yoga will teach you how to keep your spirits high when you face challenges in life. It promotes a positive mental attitude to help you cope with negative situations and deal with difficult people.
2-Day Intensive Training Course
This is the official training recognized from Laughter Yoga University and Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga in India. After successful completion of this course you are qualified as a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader (CLYL), an internationally recognized qualification.
You can lead Laughter Yoga sessions in social clubs, yoga & fitness centers, schools, seniors and in the corporate workplace and offer public seminars.
The Course will cover:
– Learning the physical, mental & emotional benefits of laughter
– How to laugh without humor and how to teach others to do so
– The history of Laughter Yoga
– Starting & running laughter clubs
– How to market your services
– Techniques for special groups (children, seniors and more)
– Laughter Boosting techniques
– How to laugh alone
– Gibberish Emotional Release
This is an experiential Training and you will lead LY session and use your imagination to do your own LY exercises.
Who Benefits from this Training?
Anyone who is committed to spreading Laughter and Joy will benefit from this training.
It will be of special interest to:
– Yoga and fitness teachers
– HR and management training professionals •Health care professionals
– Teachers and sports coaches •Psychologists and psychiatrists •Entertainment professionals
– Senior care workers
– Marriage and family therapists
– Life coaches and alternative therapists •Sales managers
– Tourism professionals & tour guides
16+ hours of training, Laughter Yoga Manual 40 Foundations Exercises CD
Business/Professional concerns that Laughter Yoga can address:
– Stress management
– Creating a happy, healthy and energetic workforce •Peak performance
– Team building
– Positive work environment of hope and optimism •Motivation and enthusiasm
– Increasing productivity
– Communication skills
– Innovation and creativity
– Learning skills
Introductory Seminar (90 Minutes)
– To understand the new concept of Laughter Yoga. • To help people learn how to laugh in a group without jokes, humor and comedies.
– Experience the multiple benefits of laughter on the body and mind.
Target Audience: Managers, executives and staff of all levels / Group size of 20 – 120 members.
Content & Methodology:
– A brief introductory talk
– An AV presentation followed by a Laughter Yoga session
– A short Q&A session
Ice – Breaker Sessions (15 – 20 Minutes)
Objective: This short laughter program is an ideal start to conferences and seminars.
– To kick start a good mood and change the state of mind before conferences and
– To energize the participants right from the start. This is followed by 5 minutes of
energy boosting sessions every 2 – 3 hours.
– To help increase the attention span during long training sessions and improve
efficiency and performance.
Target Audience: Ideally suited for long drawn HR and other training programs
attended by senior and middle management / group size 50 – 150 or more.
Content & Methodology
A brief 5 min introduction of the concept followed by laughter and breathing exercises.
Half Day Programs
Stress Buster Session (3 Hours)
Objective: Focuses on different stressors in the workplace and how Laughter Yoga helps to alleviate them.
– To reduce physical, mental and emotional stress. • To release the negative affects of stress in the body and mind and improve personal
and group responses.
– To provide training to prepare for stressful situations using ‘Laughter Boosting’
Target audience: Highly stressed CEOs, senior managers and executives.
Team Building Seminar (3 hours)
Objective: People who laugh together work better together.
– Focuses on developing emotional intelligence through group laughter.
– To improve group dynamics and performance. • To convert disparate groups (from different cultures and backgrounds) into a caring, sharing and cooperative team.
Target audience: Executives, managers and supervisors dealing with groups.