This January we at Miracles warmly welcome Dr. Katherine to discuss the power of the mind over the body in almost every way. From her Mindfulness Meditations and viewing of ‘Your Health: The Mind Body Connection’ video, Dr. Katherine unravels how our mind can be the most powerful component in healing the body of ailments, diseases, imbalances and stress.
Dr. Katherine’s Mindfulness Meditation and viewing of the videos, leads up to a profound workshop that will transform the way you understand your body and your life.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Intensive: Managing Stress from the Inside Out
Workshop Duration: 6 weeks (15 hours) – 2.5 hours per class
Date: Saturday, 16 January to 20 February, 2016
Time: 9am to 11:30am
Teacher: Katerine LeMay, Phd, C.Psych.
Total Value: AED 2800.00
About this Workshop:
This workshop is based on and incorporates the meditations and core themes taught in the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD. MBSR is being taught around the world and has been scientifically shown to be an effective compliment to a wide variety of medical and psychological conditions including anxiety, chronic pain, hyper tension, stress, sleep disorders.
Watch the official trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oke17WPcCLM
Who will benefit:
– Individuals who are looking to learn how to manage their stress by adopting a mindful approach.
– Individuals experiencing stress, anxiety, panic, pain, high blood pressure, sleep disturbances, other chronic illnesses
You will learn:
– To use your innate resources and abilities to respond more effectively to stress, pain, and illness
– To take better care of yourself by understanding the interplay of mind and body
– To become aware of inner resources for coping, growing, and inner healing
– To practice mindfulness meditation and integrate it into your daily life
– To face the challenges of life
What to expect:
– This workshop combines meditation, dialogue, reflective inquiry, mindful movement
– Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
– Daily home practice
– Home practice materials including guided mindfulness meditations recordings and a workbook
– Participating in this workshop requires an ongoing commitment to yourself
– Attending all classes is a requirement for you to benefit
For more details visit: https://www.theconnection.tv/
About the Teacher:
Katerine LeMay, PhD, CPsych.(CAN) is a clinical psychologist at the MapleTree Center DMCC. She has been practicing mindfulness meditation since the early 1990’s. She maintains regular meditation practice by sitting daily and attending silent retreats. In recent years she has been receiving training from the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care and Society (USA) founded by Jon Kabat Zinn, PhD. For more information about her please visit www.tmtcdubai.com.
Please view the complete Schedule below:
Understand the Mind-Body Connection – Video Screening & Discussion (16 January 2016)
Understand the Mind-Body Connection – Video Screening & Discussion (Repeated: 20 January 2016)