The Ancient Practice of Grounding
I love to recommend this ancient tool to all my clients. It doesn’t take a healer or a yogi to know how good it feels to walk barefoot on grass or on the beach, feeling the warmth of the sun touching your skin. In these moments, you are ‘grounded’. Grounding is an ancient activity that spreads through various cultures, traditions and spiritual practices over hundreds of years. It is simply reconnecting our energies with the Earth. For the majority of history, we have had direct contact with the earth’s surface, but somewhere along the way, we have lost that sustained connection due to the modern world of technology, high rise buildings, and even shoes with insulated synthetic soles. And a constant influx of
electromagnetic radiation (EMF) from our devices takes us further away.
Grounding isn’t a new discovery, but a rediscovery of what our ancestors knew would help them to heal. And it is still accessible to us. When we allow our body to connect with the Earth, we enhance our mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing and create a more sound, clear way of thinking. Vitality, health, and wellness are benefits of allowing yourself to be grounded with the Earth. It’s a great exercise, and best of all it’s free!
- Calms nervous system
- Protects from electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- Eases chronic pain and inflammation
- Balances emotions, reduces stress and anxiety, boosts energy
- Improves mental clarity and ability to make decisions
How to do Grounding:
- Take off your shoes and walk on grass
- Lie your entire body down in the grass—touching as much of your bare skin to the
ground as possible
- Go to the beach and walk in the sand barefoot – Salt (water) is very grounding and the waves have a very strong cleansing and replenishing energy.
- The next time you’re trekking along a cobblestone street, remember that the uneven terrain is actually a boon to your fitness. The uneven surfaces of stone paths are commonly used for wellness as “reflexology paths,” although you can get the same beneficial effects from any uneven stone pathway.
- Put your feet in a freshwater stream and turn your face towards the sun.
- Enjoy gardening, feeling the soil on your hands.
- Breathe in deeply when you are in nature, and follow your breath as it travels into your nostrils and lungs and back out.
- Spend at least 15-minutes in direct physical contact with nature, sit with your back against a tree.
- Have a salt bath, a mixture of sea salts, Epsom salts and Himalayan salts are a great combo. Add essential oils such as patchouli (be sure to dilute them with a carrier oil first). You can also add grounding crystals to your bath and fresh herbs instead of essential oils such as sage.
Join Delna to learn the practice of grounding.
How do I know which crystals are good for me?
You may choose a crystal based on a specific problem or ailment, or simply because you are drawn to it. Be Open…. a crystal can also choose you.
What can I expect to experience after a crystal healing session?
Healing can occur on many different levels, spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical. The crystals can evoke feelings of peace and serenity, and typically a very deep relaxation. Your awareness may even extend beyond yourself to higher states of consciousness. It is always recommended to drink lots of water and allow the process to naturally happen for you.
What can I expect to experience during a crystal healing session?
People feel different types of sensations during and after sessions – pressure, weight, lightness, heaviness, hot, cold, wind, various body sensations, tickling, tingling, etc. This depends on how each person process the session and the healing energies of the crystals. There has never been any reports of discomfort of any sort.
Are there any side affects to crystal therapy?
There are no known harmful side effects to Crystal therapy. There is one side effect of crystal therapy – you will feel better than before you tried it !
Who should get Crystal therapy done?
Anybody can get crystal healing/therapy done. Crystal healing is gentle, non-invasive and appropriate for anyone, of any age or condition. It is also very effective for children, and pets.
What are the benefits of Crystal Healing?
There are many benefits of crystal healing, some of which are:
– Restored balance and flow of energy in the mind and body
– Releases blockages and/or imbalances in our body and in our life
– Cleanses the energy/auric field and balances all the chakras
– Elevates connection to higher consciousness
– Feeling of well being and overall positivity
What is Crystal Healing?
Crystal healing is an ancient and powerful, holistic form of alternative therapy. Crystals and stones are energetic, vibrational healing tools that are used in conjunction with the user’s own innate healing ability . Since each crystal has its own unique purpose and properties, they can also be used for specific issues and challenges people may be experiencing in their life.