I love to recommend this ancient tool to all my clients. It doesn’t take a healer or a yogi to know how good it feels to walk barefoot on grass or on the beach, feeling the warmth of the sun touching your skin. In these moments, you are ‘grounded’. Grounding is an ancient activity that spreads through various cultures, traditions and spiritual practices over hundreds of years. It is simply reconnecting our energies with the Earth. For the majority of history, we have had direct contact with the earth’s surface, but somewhere along the way, we have lost that sustained connection due to the modern world of technology, high rise buildings, and even shoes with insulated synthetic soles. And a constant influx of
electromagnetic radiation (EMF) from our devices takes us further away.
Grounding isn’t a new discovery, but a rediscovery of what our ancestors knew would help them to heal. And it is still accessible to us. When we allow our body to connect with the Earth, we enhance our mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing and create a more sound, clear way of thinking. Vitality, health, and wellness are benefits of allowing yourself to be grounded with the Earth. It’s a great exercise, and best of all it’s free!
- Calms nervous system
- Protects from electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
- Eases chronic pain and inflammation
- Balances emotions, reduces stress and anxiety, boosts energy
- Improves mental clarity and ability to make decisions
How to do Grounding:
- Take off your shoes and walk on grass
- Lie your entire body down in the grass—touching as much of your bare skin to the
ground as possible
- Go to the beach and walk in the sand barefoot – Salt (water) is very grounding and the waves have a very strong cleansing and replenishing energy.
- The next time you’re trekking along a cobblestone street, remember that the uneven terrain is actually a boon to your fitness. The uneven surfaces of stone paths are commonly used for wellness as “reflexology paths,” although you can get the same beneficial effects from any uneven stone pathway.
- Put your feet in a freshwater stream and turn your face towards the sun.
- Enjoy gardening, feeling the soil on your hands.
- Breathe in deeply when you are in nature, and follow your breath as it travels into your nostrils and lungs and back out.
- Spend at least 15-minutes in direct physical contact with nature, sit with your back against a tree.
- Have a salt bath, a mixture of sea salts, Epsom salts and Himalayan salts are a great combo. Add essential oils such as patchouli (be sure to dilute them with a carrier oil first). You can also add grounding crystals to your bath and fresh herbs instead of essential oils such as sage.
Join Delna to learn the practice of grounding.
The world has spent more time than ever at home in these past two years, and there isn’t a more important time to do space clearing, to keep your home energy flowing, clean and fresh.
The practice of space clearing has its roots in many ancient cultures such as Middle Eastern, African, Native American and Asian. Native Americans used herbs like sage and cedar to smudge their spaces, as they believed that the smoke from these herbs pulls in the negative
energies. These energies then dissipate with the smoke, leaving the space clean and clear to welcome good energies amongst them.
Salt has been used in Middle Eastern and Asian cultures to cleanse space. In Northern Indian and Tibetan tradition, Himalayan Salt is often mixed with the queen of spices – saffron to ward away evil and negative entities. In Peru, the sacred Despacho ceremony is performed to restore peaceful energies between people, nature and other spirits. Other cultures use prayer, chants or mantras, or apply the principles of Feng Shui, Vaastu to ensure a deep clearing of any negative energies or blocks to success. Whichever method is used across the
world and through centuries, it is commonly believed that clearing your space of pre- existing energy and filling them with new, positive energy is necessary for a life of ease and joy.
So while the practice is age-old, the reason is relevant even today: just as we see dust and clutter accumulating in our homes on a physical level, the same happens on an energetic level too. It’s just that we cannot always see it energetically. The phrase ‘you can cut the tension in the air with a knife probably comes from where the energy is so intense, that one can sense it. These intense energies create a build-up and
blockage. Arguments, grief, illnesses all add to a negative energetic build-up and our home spirals into a lower vibration, as the ‘flow’ of energy is blocked. Just as we need to clean our homes, redecorate, clear garbage, the same is true energetically.
What is Space Clearing:
Space clearing is basically the ritual of clearing the space of your home, on an energetic level. I use a crystal pendulum and specific charts to identify the heavy energies in your home. I help to identify the location of the abundance, power, health and heart spots in your home and clear any blockages. The energetic clearing brings a light and airy flow back into your space. You may have noticed that the more time you spend at home, the more housework you need to do to keep it looking and feeling fresh. Similarly, any energetic or emotional build-up too requires clearing.
To put it simply, unless you space clear regularly, you will be living amongst unwanted frequencies of your past. The imprint of all those arguments, feelings of anxiety, stress, grief… are held in those walls of your home, making it harder to recover completely. Of course, it is equally important to remove physical clutter, as they represent layers of stagnant energy in your home. Space clearing brings in new, higher frequencies that help you to move forward.
And that is why space clearing has become so important, especially in the intense times that we are living in right now. It is recommended that a space clearing session should be done at your home at least once a year. And even more often if a family member has experienced a troubled situation, illness, loss etc. Even if you have just moved into a new house, it is important to clear the residual energies of the previous occupant.
If the energies in your house are particularly intense, don’t hesitate to call a trusted professional space clearing expert to help.
I am a space clearing healer. Using a crystal pendulum, charts and Tibetan Singing Bowls, I energetically clears space, even remotely (without the sound bowls in this case). With the help of a pendulum, I am able to detect the imbalances in the various areas of your home and clear them, thus allowing the energies to align, restoring a sense of balance, peace, harmony, abundance, good health, love, laughter and prosperity.
Join Delna for professional space clearing
Has this ever happened to you that you’ve felt this huge hunch that something is about to happen, and then it actually does? Or sometimes you think of calling someone, and then that person calls you? So when you feel strongly about something without any solid logical to it, that’s called intuition.
It comes in three impressions
- Clairvoyance or “the third eye” , sensing clearly and feeling through listening. Clairvoyance is when your eye goes beyond what it can see. This is when you know what is happening somewhere. Sensing clearly is basically what we refer to as “hunch” or “gut feel” This is the time when you are overwhelmed with a feeling and you can’t explain it and all you can say is “I just know”.
- Clairaudience is feeling through listening, and being able to “listen” between the lines. Intuition also happens at times when a certain sound, whatever it is – be it a car’s honk or a bird’s twitting – ushers in an intense feeling.
- Clairsentient is commonly defined as a “clear feeling”, the ability to feel the past, the present, and the future emotional state of other people, even without using any of the five senses- sight, smell, hearing, tasting, or touching. It is also referred to as the sense of intuition because people who also have clairsentient abilities can gather information from non-living materials such as buildings or outside areas also without the use of the five senses.
It has been said that only a few people are truly gifted with intuition. In the past, people with intuitive abilities were labelled as witches and sorcerers and weren’t trusted. But in today’s times, more and more people are aware of the gift of intuitiveness and studies have proclaim that anyone can develop intuition. And especially in these troubled times, where people are dealing with so much stress and anxiety, being able to tap into your intuition is a gift.
Intuition promotes good communication. It makes you more sensitive to the people around you; it often keeps you from hurting those you love because you are intuitive enough to understand them. Intuition also makes you far more creative than ever. Intuition means releasing more creative juices for any means of expression. Lastly, intuition has a healing power. This healing power is not in the physical sense, but in delving deep into your soul to eradicate some negative energy buried in it.
With that being said, are you ready to develop your intuition? Here are some ways to unlock this gift:
For those who don’t know, a session of hypnotherapy is not like what you’d see in films. It is in fact a deeply meditative process. We work with that level of mind which you have when you are about to fall asleep or waking up. You can hear people in the background, but are still too rested to move your body or talk back.
Meditating means finding peace in yourself. If your mind and heart are cluttered with too many baggage and hurt, you wouldn’t be able to quiet down that part of you that could eventually initiate intuition. There are so many ways to meditate: take a yoga class, or just simply practice some breathing that could bring you straight to Zen.
3. Use your thoughts to create a better outcome.
A worry-free, fear-free state could do so much to improve your intuitive ability. By using your imagination to stay positive, you attract a high vibration which is the best frequency to manifest your desired outcomes.
Simply put – if you are on the brink of making a huge decision, let go of all the mental chitter chatter and head to a quiet place. Sometimes you just have to quieten down and listen to the voice within you.
5. Never expect.
After quietening down, just release all expectations for an immediate solution. Anxiety puts you
back in a low vibration, so give it time, and trust that you will be given a sign.
6. Trust your first impressions.
Sometimes you enter a room and feel heavy, or you meet a person and do not get a very positive vibe, trust that feeling. Chances are that impression actually holds true. Most of the time, first impressions are brought by intuition. Play around with this, test it out with smaller situations in life and build your intuitive muscle.
7. Stay happy!
It always boils down to this – all you need to be intuitive is to stay happy! Happiness attracts immense power and such power includes intuition. Of course, don’t mask your feeling of grief or fear. You must feel to heal. Acknowledge your feelings, and continuously move to a higher vibration.
Intuition is helpful, because sometimes it leads you to something that cannot be achieved otherwise. Decisions that you can’t make using logic or people you should avoid, situations you can skip – all this becomes second nature when you develop your intuitive abilities.
Start working on it and enjoy the journey!
Join Delna for a meditation or hypnotherapy class.