Family Constellation Workshop (Behavioural Issues in Teens & Children)
January 16 | 10:00 am - 5:00 pm +04AED 200 – AED 500
- January 16
10:00 am - 5:00 pm +04
- AED 200 – AED 500
Some children have difficulty in dealing with school stress, such as homework, test anxiety, bullying, or peer pressure. They may also need to discuss their feelings about family issues, particularly if there is a major transition, such as a divorce, a move, or serious illness within the family.
Raising children is difficult, and raising difficult children can be life-disrupting. However, being able to identify whether your child is just going through a stage, or if something is really wrong isn’t always easy.
If your child’s behaviour becomes disruptive to your daily life or their education, or if they become violent, it’s time to talk to a professional. Raising children and teenagers with behavioural problems isn’t easy – but before you rush to diagnose them or turn into a strict disciplinarian, reach out for help.
When clinicians work with children, it’s easy to notice that they often come from families where patterns of trauma stretch back one or two or more generations. A social history can reveal patterns of alcoholism, mental illness, and other life struggles that appear to have haunted that family for generations.
Family Constellations, a new method of exploring family systems, may help not only to answer these questions but also can offer significant healing for the child and the larger family system. This rapidly emerging approach shows how the focus on our ancestors’ lives can stimulate positive change for many seemingly insoluble problems.
Family Constellations looks at family patterns from an experiential perspective, rather than the traditional family therapy of discussion and assignments. This method is not talk therapy or role-playing, but a way to explore unconscious family dynamics in the context of a body-based experience.
Should My Child / Teenager do a Family Constellation?
Family Constellations can be of great help when it is not clear what causes a child to suddenly become withdrawn, worried, stressed, sulky, or tearful. It is also helpful if you sense your child might have an emotional or behavioural problem or needs help coping with a difficult life event.
Significant life events, such as the death of a family member, friend, or pet, divorce or a move, abuse, trauma, a parent leaving, or a major illness in the family — can cause stress that might lead to behavioural problems, mood, sleep, appetite, and academic or social alterations.
Signs that a child may benefit from a Family Constellation include:
- Learning or attention problems (such as ADHD)
- Behavioural problems (such as excessive anger, acting out, bedwetting or eating disorders)
- Eating disorders – Bulimia and Anorexia
- Significant drops in grades, particularly if your child normally maintains high grades
- Episodes of sadness, tearfulness, or depression
- Social withdrawal or isolation
- Being the victim of bullying or bullying other children
- Decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Developmental delay in speech, language etc
- Overly aggressive behaviour (such as biting, kicking, or hitting)
- Insomnia or increased sleepiness
- Mood swings (e.g., happy one minute, upset the next)
- Development of or an increase in physical complaints (such as headache, stomach-ache, or not feeling well – despite a normal physical exam by your doctor)
- Management of a serious, acute, or chronic illness
- Signs of alcohol, drug, or other substance use
- Prescription drug abuse
- Problems in transitions (following separation, divorce, or relocation)
- Bereavement issues
- Anger issues
If you have children under the age of 18 years, you can do a constellation on their behalf and look at any patterns in your family that may be affecting your child.
If your child is over 18 years, they are an adult and it is more effective for them to do their own constellation.
Benefits of doing a Family Constellation
- The process is experiential and powerful in enabling change
- It’s perfect for those who have tried everything and are looking for a process that works
- You don’t have to bring the people related to your issue as it is an inner process.
- Choose to do it in a workshop for a very nurturing and sharing experience. (Can also be done in a private individual session ONLINE or In-Person)
- Come to a workshop as a representative or observer to see if you are comfortable with the process for a lower price or to do your own constellation to address a problem
Family Constellations goes to show how we all are remarkably inter-connected in this larger web of life, whether we are able to comprehend it or not, and when ONE heals then healing takes place at different levels throughout the web within the family system. This makes it an extremely powerful and life-altering experience.
P.S for those who wish to participate only to observe
Simply sign up for a workshop and watch the process. During it, you may be asked to serve as a representative. You may accept or decline the invitation. Participants who serve as representatives or merely observe can benefit as much as those who “set up” their own families.
This workshop is limited to only 10 people, so hurry up and book your slot!
- Hi for me the experience and witnessing the whole atmosphere was highly spiritual and it all made sense and could feel immense energy around, in short it was a beautiful experience. God bless you all and give lot of happiness. – Amin
- Thank you so much all, even though I was a participant in all sessions, I still feel such a movement of energies in me!
I was crying on the way home ordered a pizza and am now curled up on the sofa, appreciating my own being
Next time I will also be a ‘subject’.
- Thank you so much…it was amazing experience for me…
Feeling light …May Almighty bless you all.
Thank you shaista for such an unbelievable healing modality..
U were right. explaining by talking is not easy to express it is actual participation to experience it
- I had first ever FC with Shaista in order to address my fear. It was amazing to see how things started unfolding in front of me! The session gave insight / clarity about incidents which took place in past generations and its consequences in present generation. Would definitely recommend Shaista to anyone who want to find answers and want to heal
- Shaista’s family constellation therapy was a life altering experience for me. She provided me insights into aspects I had no idea existed. Since then I have felt a positive change in my family members which has been warm and loving change.
I have in fact recommended Shaista to some of my friends who have issues but have no direction on how they have to work to resolve them.
- Dear Shaista, I just wanted to say a big thank you for all your help, I came to you at a time when I wasnt feeling too well and after just 1 session I have seen a big change, I feel more positive and less anxious, wishing you all the best and so much success in the future
Investment: 500 Dirhams for attendees seeking resolution (one case per attendee)
200 Dirhams for attending as an observer/participating as a representative
Click here for more information about the facilitator Shaista Zeeshan
The process to register:
- Pre-registration is required. Complete the registration form or call to register
- To confirm your spot in the classes, we request an advance payment of 50% to be made a minimum of 24 hours before the class. If prior deposits are not made, an additional AED 100 will be applicable for same day sign-ups, as it will be considered a drop-in rate.
Terms & Conditions:
- We recommend making an advanced booking to reserve your spot. Bookings are made on a first come first serve basis.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT.
To reserve a spot for this event simply fill in your information below and we will send you an email confirmation.
- We recommend making an advanced booking to reserve your spot.
- Bookings are made on a first come first serve basis.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT.