Inner Child Healing Meditation
December 29, 2020 | 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm +04
- December 29, 2020
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm +04
- AED 80
The term “inner child” doesn’t refer to the part of your brain that is reserved for having childish thoughts – Rather, the inner child exists as the childlike aspect within your unconscious mind. It reflects the child we once were, in both “positive” and “negative” aspects.
Our unmet needs and repressed childhood emotions, as well as our childlike innocence, natural enthusiasm, and creativity, are all waiting within us.
Repressed emotions refer to all of the things you were taught as a child not to feel if you wanted to receive love. The result: you were only offered attention when you obeyed. This is inevitable as parents, education, and society impose rules and standards to help us grow into becoming functioning human beings. In fact, it’s good that this happens. Constraints are required in order to understand boundaries and grow as human beings.
However, the result is that the inner child within you still holds onto the sadness, anger, and trauma that resulted from feeling rejected.
Childhood trauma leaves a child with shame, which means he or she will feel they have to hide their experience and/or emotions in order to survive.
If you were controlled by your parents, or if you were taught to believe you were only acceptable and loveable if you were ‘good’, then you would learn to hide the emotions like sadness or anger that got you into trouble.
If you experienced rejection, abandonment, or abuse, you would learn to hide your pain and fear to not be hurt or rejected again.
These repressed emotions then lead to cycles of self-sabotage in adulthood. We either seek the parenting we missed out on in other people and always feel disappointed, rejected, and let down when they can’t fulfill our demands, or we refuse to let anyone close to hurt us that much again.
What will you learn?
- How to access repressed memories that are holding you back
- How to gain personal power and the ability to set boundaries
- Build self-compassion, self-confidence, and self-forgiveness
- Access possible root issues for the problems you are experiencing
- What it means to take better care of yourself
Who is it for?
Adults / Teenagers are welcome too
These are some signs that you may have a wounded inner child:
- You feel that there is something wrong with you, in the deepest parts of yourself
- You experience anxiety when going out of your comfort zone
- You are a people-pleaser
- You don’t have a strong sense of identity
- You deliberately like being in conflict with people around you
- You are a hoarder of things, emotions, people, and you have a hard time letting go
- You feel inadequate as a man or a woman
- You constantly criticize yourself for your supposed inadequacy
- You are unforgiving to yourself, rigid, and a perfectionist
- You have a hard time committing and trusting
- You have deep abandonment issues and would cling to relationships, even when they are toxic.
There are many more signs that your inner child may be wounded. Truthfully, all of us, no matter how small or insignificant, have traumas from our past that require acknowledgment and attention.
Click here for more information about the facilitator Shaista Zeeshan.
- To register for this meditation or if you have any questions, please call us on 04-3639307 or complete the form on this page.
- Further details will be sent to you in your confirmation email. We are also happy to offer any additional assistance if needed.
Terms & Conditions:
- We recommend making an advanced booking to reserve your spot. Bookings are made on a first come first serve basis.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT.
To reserve a spot for this event simply fill in your information below and we will send you an email confirmation.
- We recommend making an advanced booking to reserve your spot.
- Bookings are made on a first come first serve basis.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT.