- This event has passed.
November 18, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Everyone can meditate. Yes!
But if you haven’t done much meditating, it might seem like something you want to do but don’t know much about.
Is it difficult to do? How do you control your mind? (You don’t!) Does it take a lot of discipline? Where and how do I do it? Why should I do it? Will it take hours?
We will guide you every step in this Zen meditational journey!
Zen meditation or zazen is one of the purest forms of mindfulness meditation. For 2,500 years this Buddhist meditation practice has continued, from generation to generation. It spread from India to China, to Japan, to other parts of Asia, and then gained immense popularity in the West.
We tend to see body, breath, and mind separately, but in zazen, they come together as one reality.
Zen is so simple, yet so deep that you can only experience and not grasp intellectually. Zen is not a moral teaching, not a belief or idea or knowledge, it does not require one to believe in anything. A true spiritual path does not tell people what to believe in, rather it shows them how to think; or, in the case of Zen- what not to think, go beyond the mind and be unified with the cosmos beyond our ego.
Benefits of Zen meditation:
· Reduce stress, depression, and anxiety
· Feel more grounded and balanced
· Higher self-esteem and openness to life
· Improved concentration and power of manifestation
· Positive thinking
· At the deeper levels of meditation, the blood cleans itself, cell restructure and you can heal the body more easily
· Reduced dependency on addiction, alcohol, drugs
· Reduced mental chatter, monkey mind
· Gain clarity of mind
· Better overall relationship to self and others
· Grow inner strength
· Better sleep, feel calm and relaxed
· An easy to deal with difficult challenging situations and people
Click for more information about the facilitator, Navana Kundu
T & Cs
- We request you to make an advanced booking, if not, bookings will be made on a first come first serve basis.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT