What is Laughter Yoga ?
A relatively new concept to exercise both mind and body by gentle breathing techniques and laughing without relying on any jokes is the system of Laughter Yoga. It was developed in 1995 by Dr. Madan Kataria, a family physician practicing in Mumbai, India created a laughter club to test out the theory that laughter truly is the best medicine. This concept took hold and spread worldwide and today there are over 8000 laughter yoga clubs in 65 countries.
By attending a 2-Day Intensive Training Course from Laughter Yoga University and Dr. Kataria’s School of Laughter Yoga in India one can get qualified as a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader and can lead Laughter Yoga sessions in social clubs, yoga & fitness centers, schools, corporate workplace and offer public seminars.
Benefits of this Laughter therapy
- Will develop a sense of humor and a smile
- Get to feel more self-confident
- Will have a positive outlook
- Increase in optimism level
- Can change your mood within minutes
- Increases the supply of oxygen, not only to the brain but to the entire body to help you work more efficiently
- Deals with physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously
- It also strengthens the immune system, lowers blood pressure, controls blood sugar and keeps your heart healthy
- Quickly connects you with people and helps to make friends easily
- Teach you how to keep your spirits high when you face challenges in life
Laughter Yoga can be performed by anyone and people of all ages, and there is no special clothing or equipment required. It’s altogether having fun and learning new simple techniques to keep yourself happy.
Now that you know more about laughter yoga and how it can benefit you, why not give it a try and check out the schedule and the sessions at Miracles Worldwide.